Monday, November 01, 2004

WOW!!! who knew that last post would start a riot...

I appreciate everyones concern, and I do take time to evaluate all of the advice I get...(even those that say I have no self respect *grumble*)

Needless to say, I had a really great weekend with Matlock at the conference. I felt bad, cuz I had to leave him alone a lot with other brothers that he didn't know, but it seemed like he was having a good time, he said he did, and thanked me profusely for inviting him. The Alpha Beta brothers at Perdue had an amazing benefit show that they do every year, I had a blast.

As for all the Matlock controversy. I don't rush into anything, and given the first nights experience, I am taking this especially slow. I also am very up front with him about it. As for me not having self respect...if I were rushing off to marry this man I would understand that, but I think giving someone the benefit of the doubt, and understanding that people make mistakes is the ultimate in self respect. Lord knows I have made my fair share of mistakes in my life and if it weren't for people giving me a second chance I would certainly not be where I am in my life.

So, no commitment with Matlock yet, but that doesn't mean something won't happen down the road. He heads off for 3 weeks of Army Reserve training in two weeks. I am a bit curious what will happen with that.

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2004 at 12:36 PM, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

He seemed nice if not a little shy and quiet. But then again look what I have been dating! LOL...Good luck with whatever your decision is. I'll be rooting for you.

Huge Hugs a plenty o'chocolate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home