Friday, October 15, 2004

Well, the show is over, and went fairly well... All I can say with any certainty is that I looked good. I am rarely ever pleased with my performance, and the crowd was not giving much money to anyone, but I still left with a fair amount of tips (granted mostly from my friends that came out to support me).

I was so glad that Tony came along, but I felt bad for keeping him up so late on a work night... Right before my second number he says "they are not tipping anyone, so just go out there and perform, don't worry about the tips" and so I was workin my number (or feeling like the number was workin me) and no one was tipping. Where I come from you show appreciation for entertainers by tipping them. So when not making any money, one would assume that one is not appreciated. But the crowd was dancin and into the number. I was getting really discouraged and I looked around for a familiar face, and I saw Tony in the back row, behind a slew of Lesbians smiling at my perfomance... it was VERY reassuring. I asked him how I did, cuz I have known Tony long enough to know that he won't lie when asked a direct question. He said it was great. I told him I didn't think I did so well, and he told me I was foolish. So, hopefully, everyone else thought so. I will let you know how it all plays out.

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2004 at 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were beautiful and realistic. You added a touch of class to the normally boring Cincinnati Drag scene (No offence to Ms Diamon who also is bringing a little class to Cincy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home