Tuesday, October 19, 2004

wow, I am a walking oxymoron... (keep your comments about being a moron to yourself)

I would not say I am a huge baseball fan, I have never been to a real game, and I have only watched handful of games on tv... but lately, I have really been getting into it. Last night, I stayed up really late to watch the last 3 (of 14) innings of the Yankees/Red Sox series. It all started last year, I was in Boston for the last two games of the playoffs, and I decided to go downtown and watch the games in a pub...just cuz it sounded like fun. I LOVED IT!!! So this year, I have watched a few games, and this trip has been over several of the playoff games... my flight crew has been keeping me up on the games as they listen to them on the radio... Then last night we met in my room with a twelve pack to watch the rest of the game. It was so much fun. Some background: my capt. and fo are both ex army helicopter pilots from the outer banks of NC... they are as redneck as they come and not fond of the queers. So as the game was ending and we were finishing up the last of the beer, I said I had to get online to see if a boy was online that I had been chatting to. They both nearly fell over, in all the excitement of the game, they forgot that I was gay (the FO actually said nearly those exact words). He then said "but don't you do drag?" I said I did... he said "Brother, you are a walking oxymoron" I jokingly told him I was impressed that a hillbilly like him knew what that word was. We all laughed and I sent them on their way.

This morning, I saw the FO for breakfast, and he told me he was sorry if he offended me last night... he didn't mean any harm. I assured him it took a lot more than that to offend me, and that I understood exactly what he meant. I don't fit the mold of what most people view gay people to be... I enjoy lots of things that don't have anything to do with my sexuality. I jokingly told him that just cuz I take it in the ass doesn't mean I don't like a good beer and a game. He turned bright red and laughed... then said I should come to his football parties, I told him that he should be careful how he sais things like that... boys will assume things, but that I would have to decline cuz I didn't have anything to wear. Again we laughed, and he said, I was just saying I am sorry that I had judged you earlier just cuz your gay... you are just like a normal guy.

AWWW, the straight boy realized he was being dumb... give him cookie... hehehe on second thought give me a cookie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home