Friday, February 27, 2004

So I did drag last night... I kind of felt bad for Tony cuz I was a little grumpy and complainy... My car got towed last week, so we had to walk to the bar. I suppose it is about a half mile walk or more, so by the time we got there, I was ready to have the heels off. I am also not a queen that likes to go out in drag for no reason... I don't like to just be seen, I need to be on the stage to make it worth all the discomfort. This bar that we were in was VERY VERY smokey so my eyes were burning, I was hungry, my corset was hurting, and I was not very happy with how I looked... mostly because I couldn't wear pads cuz the ones we made were too big and we didn't have time to shave them down... so I went padless. Tony said it looked fine, but I felt naked. I bitch at queens all the time for not wearing pads so I felt unprofessional, and since this was most of these queens first time seeing me, I certainly didn't want to give that impression. Most of the crowd at this bar is very young, so I have to look good to them, not just to me, last night I felt very "courtly" meaning I looked very pretty, and very regal, and very old. I should have been wearing something short and slutty for these kids with some down or really crazy hair... Oh well, something to work on for next time.

Yesterday I signed up to walk with the Beta Delta boys in Miami for the Miami AIDS Walk. I am very excited about that, it sounds like lots of fun, and I know that we had a great time walking for the Las Vegas AIDS walk... even though it was 200 degrees outside. It will be my first visit to Miami when I am not working, to see the city away from the beach, I am really excited about all that.

I have been talking to Dominick lately, I miss him so much. Apparently things aren't going so well for him in Utah. He seems to be waiting for me to say "I told you so," but I have no intentions on that, I think he made the decision to move there for the right reason, I just feel bad for him that his family pressured him into it, and now it is not working out for him. I told him he is welcome to come here to Cincinnati and then along to Miami if he wants to. I think he is planning on visiting here for his 21st birthday, which is great, I can't believe how much I have missed him. Usually when I leave a place I miss my friends a bit, but as most things do, they fade. Dominick is a little different... I really think of him as my family, and I think the only reason I agreed to take this job in Cincinnati was because he agreed to come with me. It was probably for the best that he waited till I already started flying to tell me he needed to go to Utah instead. So now I find myself reminiscing about all the stupid stuff he and I would do, like eating Jack In The Box at 4 in the morning after a show, or the really meaningful things that he did like helping me get back on a horse after not riding forever, or waiting up for me at home after my unfortunate incarceration. Or him sleeping on my floor every weekend or hauling my ass all over town when my jeep wouldn't run (which was most of the time). The good news is that I can talk to him a lot on the phone, and maybe he will decide to come along to Miami (although I doubt he will)... I am sure he and Tony would get along very well. Although Tony would have to get used to having someone else share in the chore of getting Ms. Moree ready.

I suppose I have lamented enough for now, I will write more later... maybe on my trip this weekend if I get to a computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home