Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Who Knew???

Who knew that Toledo, OH could be a lot of fun!!! I just got back from a weekend visit with a group of men who are working to form a chapter of my fraternity at the University of Toledo. Most people don't understand why I am so devoted to this brotherhood, I gotta tell you, it is weekends like what I just had that keep me doing it. It was kind of like when a teacher tells you the low pay and obnoxious children are completely worth it when you witness one child "get it", when the lightbulb goes off. Same thing here, when I was speaking to these guys about brotherhood and what it means and when I talk about how this fraternity has changed my life, I watched several lightbulbs go off. I even got a little misty eyed when talking to them about it at the end of the weekend. Anyway, I wish them luck with becoming a chapter, I am sure they will make amazing brothers.

There was of course drama with the Matlock situation while I was gone, as I was afraid of. I want to be his friend, and maybe eventually more than that, but I think his ex-boyfriend was right, he needs more time to experience the gay life. He needs to develop his own circle of friends, I am sure that someday he will make someone an excellent boyfriend, but it is certainly not today, and not with me, right now. I haven't talked to him about it, and I only decided it last night after we went to bed. I worry about telling him right before he heads off to his Army Reserve training, but I also don't want to string him along and then have to break up with him right before Christmas when he gets back. I dunno, I will think on it all some more today, who knows, maybe I will change my mind again... *grumble*

Remind me again why people want to date... I know first hand the results are great when they work out in your favor, but if they don't, it all turns to shit. I certainly don't want to be alone for another 2 years, but I sure do hate kissing all the frogs. Oh well, I know it is part of it... so in the meantime... *ribbit*

2 Comments:

At November 9, 2004 at 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I know things are hard and sometimes they suck, but you wanted a reminder on why people date. Well I'll tell you the reasons that I keep telling myself.. and maybe they will stick to you a lil..
People date because it's a great feeling to go to bed laying next to someone warm and comforting.. and waking up with the sun shinning, the birds chirping.. and to look onto his face and see how peaceful it is. To make him breakfast in the morning and see how happy and excited it is when it's done, or when he does it for you. To give him a special hug or kiss for no reason, just because you wanted to. Or to go to the movies and try to decide who wants to see what. Or to go to dinner and have a nice conversation with him. to meet his family, to meet you family. To be exposed to his friends, and him to yours. To be suprised at Christmas or your birthday, or to suprise him on his birthday. To stress out for the first month trying to make sure you don't do anything stupid in front of him, like fart.. have a booger.. stuff like that. To have stupid little fights so you can have makeup sex later..
Raindrops of roses and whiskers on kittens
And these are a few of my favorite things...

Anyways.. What I always listen to when I get in the mood you're in..

" When you want it the most, and there's no easy way out, when you're ready to go, but your heart is in doubt, don't give up on your faith, love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is. "


-- Gary in LV

 
At November 10, 2004 at 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you that Matlock was trouble... he's the stereotypical, untrustworthy, sleazy gay boy that thinks he can get by on his looks and doesn't have a single thought in his head.

He's bringing nothing but the bad gay drama to your life, and you're better than that.

You need to get rid of him before he has the satisfaction of being the one to get rid of you.

By the way, I hope he reads your blog too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home