Wednesday, October 13, 2004

So today I was doing my daily blog read (I only read a few blogs on a regular basis, otherwise, I click the "next blog" button and can pass hours reading total strangers views on the world), and I got to Cincyterp's blog. Some history about Cincyterp: He is this really cute guy in Cincinnati that I have talked to on gay.com a few times, who one day sent me a private message saying that he liked reading my blog (up to that point I actually kinda forgot people actually read this thing)and he gave me the link to his blog. (you can read CincyTerps blog here)

Anyway, his is one that I read on a regular basis now, basically cuz he is really funny and we have similar views on the world. His post today was about Canadian Thanksgiving, and he posted a list of things he is thankful for in his life. I thought it was really great and decided to be a total copycat and do the same thing. So here is my list of things I am thankful for in my life:

1. My Life: As you probably know, I have had some pretty amazing luck when it comes to my health. I know that someone was watching out for me.
2. My friends: I have never lived in one place for very long, and everywhere I go I have managed to make some really amazing friends that have made the adjustment of living in a new place much easier.
3. My Family: On the whole, I have a really great, loving and accepting family. I would certainly not be who I am without their education.
4. My Brothers: I have said it many times, but my fraternity has saved my life more than once. There are several brothers who I am really close to (a few that I talk to at least once a day on the phone) and some that I don't talk to nearly as much as I would like.
5. Tony: Tony is unique in that he doesn't quite fit into any of the above catagories, he is so much more than a friend to me; and though he seems like my family, he's not; and even though I don't know of another person who is not a Brother of my fraternity who embodies all of the things that my brotherhood holds dear, he is not one of my brothers. He is simply Tony. He has taught me so much in a year. We both believe that people are here for a reason, a season, or for life. I hope our friendship is everlasting.
6. Freedoms: I am so thankful for the fact that I have the ability to say or write anything I want on here, or anywhere (within reason... They still get testy if you scream BOMB! on an airplane)
7. Lack of Freedoms: I am thankful for the rights that I don't have yet. They empower me to incite change in the world I live in.
8. Travel: I have been so lucky to have traveled so much, I have gotten the opportunity to meet so many different types of people and experience so many cultures, and each has shaped me into who I am today.
9. My past: While I am not by any means proud of some of the things I have done or that have happened to me, I love what they have all taught me. Each event in my life has made me a better person today.
10. My job: Even though I may bitch about it, I am very thankful that I have a job in an industry where they are not easy to come by. So many people are without work or working for such low money they can barely survive, I am lucky.
11. finally, My dreams: I am so thankful that I have my dreams and ambitions to drive me forward and encourage me to keep going even when my life is a mess.

I am sure there are about a billion things that I missed, but these are the most important to me right now. CincyTerp, I am sorry that I am a copycat, but they say imitation is the highest form of flattery...

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2004 at 11:20 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That was really beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home