Thursday, March 17, 2005

Hearts are funny, fickle things I think...

Last night I went and saw one of my favorite musicals... Big River. It is a wonderful show based on Mark Twains "Huck Finn". This particular production has received a lot of acclaim and coverage because a large part of the cast is deaf. The way that they staged it was nothing short of genius. Hats off to the Deaf West folks.

I ended up going to the show by myself cuz Tony made plans with on again boyfriend Joe. Ricki was dealing with some craziness with the electric folks, and Skippie was sick... that pretty much wrapped up everyone I know in Cincinnati. Well, everyone I know and enjoy spending time with.

During the show, I realized I have a bit of a crush... its kind of a good and bad kind of crush, bad in that I am not supposed to have a crush on this boy, and good in that I am pretty sure he doesn't think the same of me, so nothing would ever come of it, and I as I have shown before, I would rather a lifetime as friends than a moment as lovers... cheesy, but it has made me some pretty amazing friends that I will have for life. Anyway, this boy is in quite a situation, and he is getting his heart broken by two boys simultaneously. Once by a player that is working him and the other boy, and once by one of my favorite people who is too caught up in the haze of being adored by two guys not realizing that he is being played by the player, and slowly losing the crush beccause of his actions. Both the crush, and the kid ask for my advice, and I do the best I can to give honest unbiased opinions. Although I am not sure that it is ever truly possible to be unbiased in matters of the heart.

I think the quote to work through this with is "Honor is created by ones self, within ones self, and only percieved by others through ones actions"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home