Wednesday, December 01, 2004

OK so I had my days all wrong, I fly to Birmingham tomorrow to bring back Matlock.

The work trip was horrible to say the least... after Nova Scotia was DC, and it was horrible weather, and when I woke up the next morning I found probably 20 bedbugs crawling all over my legs. I of course screamed like a bitch and ran to the shower to wash them off. I then scooped a few into a glass to take down to teh front desk. The ever-so-helpful clerk said "Sorry man, it happens".

CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! I know it fucking happens but that doesn't make it ok. Any hotel that has a large number of international guests get bedbugs, but a good housekeeping staff knows to look for them and blocks rooms that have the signs of them so they can be disinfected. This wasn't just one lonely bed-critter, this was an entire herd!!! Left DC, off to NYC... the bus was late (by an hour picking us up) to which the front desk guy said "Sorry guys, it happens" the next morning, my wake up call didn't come, luckily I happened to wake up 10 minutes before I was due downstairs...and guess what, the bus was late anyway. we were 30 minutes late getting to the aircraft cuz the hotel van was over a half hour late. To which the van driver said "Sorry, it happens" I HATE poor customer service, and if I were ever in a management position and heard my employess speak to a guest with that non-chalant attitude, they would be looking for a new job.

1 Comments:

At December 2, 2004 at 12:48 PM, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

Coming from a hotel/motel work background, I am shocked at the bedbug incident. I realize you are on a tight schedule and probably didn't have time to make a stink but that is a serious health violation and I would have called the BoH if they didn't do something to make me feel better! I agree the customer service in this country has gone down the tubes. I would never have been able to get away with a Sh*t Happens attitude when I work at the Westin. Hopefully the rest of your week will be better.
Hugs
Rikki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home