Monday, September 27, 2004

First Date Down!!!

So tonight was the first real date with the guy. It went really well! We ate dinner at Fat Fish Blue, which is usually a great cajun restaurant. Tonight not so stellar, and it certainly was not a good choice on my part for being condusive to talking, the live band makes it hard to hear... mental note to self: don't go there on dates where you actually want to hear what they are saying. During dinner he asked a bit about my colorful past... I told him pretty much all there was to know, and he listened intently, but looked very nervous about some of it. I totally understand, it is a lot to grasp, and as I told him, my past is not something I am necessarily proud of, nor is it something I am ashamed of. I do not believe you can have much of a future without having a past. I know its a cheezy cliche, but it is how I deal with where I have been. Needless to say, we then went to see Vanity Fair at the movies, and although I am not usually one for seeing movies on dates cuz ya can't talk or anything, this was nearly perfect. We sat in the back of the theater and the chairs had the moveable armrest... we just cuddled up for the entire movie... it was so nice to be touched and snuggled against. Following the movie, I thought we were headed towards my place, which I was a bit nervous about, I was going to give him a book that I had that he was going to buy, but I didn't want him to think I wanted to throw down and fuck right then... I mean I did, but I didn't... If I like someone, I can't put out on the first date... actually for the first several dates, I dunno why exactly, it just doesn't seem quite right, and when I follow that personal rule, things seem to last a bit longer. Needless to say, it didn't matter, before we turned on my street, he decided he wanted to go out for a drink (maybe he felt the same way but, as I did, didn't know how to say it exactly...or he was just thirsty) We went to the Dock... Had a really nice talk about what we are looking for, we seem to be after the same thing, and we certainly seem to have lots of common interests. On the way home from the bar, he told me he was going to pass on coming up to get the book, cuz his back was hurting him... (it really was hurting him, all night, so it wasn't just a lame excuse) I was a little disappointed in that I really wanted to make out with him for a long time, but I was also relieved that I was not going to have to practice a whole lot of self-control. I dunno if I would have been able to stop had we started.

He works tomorrow morning, and I work late tomorrow night... I told him to give me a call after he is done relaxing from work. We had originally planned to have dinner on Tuesday evening, I really look forward to seeing him again, I am definately curious to see what could come of this whole thing... I could also definately be dillusional about this whole thing, but my gut says he seems to be interested in finding out more about me as well... Meanwhile, I am off to bed, thanks for reading my ramblings...sorry if this post seems like the ramblings of a teenage girl, its just been a while since I have been giddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home