Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Whats gone on since my last post...Yesterday was a pretty good day!!!

First off, I got a "line" at work...for those of you not in the know, that means that for the first time in 8 months, the airline can't fuck with my life... I know in advance where I am going and how long I am going to be there for the entire month.

The lil bros seem to be doing fine, Geoff quickly bounced back from the Brandon incident and has now set his sights on a new boy that he thinks (at least aesthetically speaking) is the bees knees. I don't know that I agree with him, but it put a smile on my little brothers face, thats all that concerns me. Now we don't know if the mystery boy likes other boys, or if he likes girls, but Geoff assures me he will find out. I didn't have the heart to tell him he should probably figure that out before he plans his seduction attack. Jeff is doing good, he seems to be bouncing off the walls since Jessie is back in town. I gotta tell ya, just like a mother, you gotta love it when your kids are all smiley... I still haven't heard much from Tony... I know he was concerned about time, so I hope it is all working out for him.

I had some great chats with some of the other colonists, including one with Webb. I had not gotten a chance to meet Webb before this last weekend, and even then our interaction was minimal... I can see however through our chat we are going to be good friends...

On the homefront, my roomie and I sat down last night and had a planning meeting about my aspirations to compete at Miss Gay America. We were figuring out the costs involved, and whether it is actually something I want to spend my money on. I have no dillusions that I would win the National Title, but it would be great to be able to compete...one of my concerns is that once I go, I could easily become addicted and keep pouring money to go back. I don't want to be one of these queens that spends all of the money they have to go to Miss America 22 times before they either die or just give up...

Dubya is still here... Tony told me last night that he thinks Dubya is planning on staying in this job he has. What a stupid notion... the job was supposed to be temporary until he could find something that paid better and could help him get on track. He is also seeming to become very comfortable staying here... he will have to get past that, cuz he ain't living here. As my roomie says, I aint taking no one to raise. Oh well, some people have no drive or ambition. I am not sure I understand that way of thinking... At any moment you could be struck dead, and you have done nothing to lead the life that you want. I may not have a lot, materially speaking of course, but at least when I go, I will go knowing that I have done my best to lead a life that I was happy in.

Well, thats it for now, I may post more later, I am waiting for some reactions to some emails I sent to various people and to the frat mailing list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home